Packaging materials refer to glass, ceramics, silicon, RTV, nickel, gold, aluminum, etc. used in the manufacture of sensors. Electronic packaging materials refer to the electronic packaging materials used to carry electronic components and their interconnection, provide mechanical support, seal environmental protection, and disperse It is a matrix material with good electrical insulation and is the sealing body of an integrated circuit. The chip is the core of many electronic devices. In order to improve your understanding of the chip, this article will introduce the integrated circuit chip packaging process. In order to help you understand more deeply, the following contents are arranged for your reference.
A chip is an integrated circuit composed of a large number of transistors. Different chips have different integration scales, ranging from hundreds of millions to hundreds of millions; from tens to hundreds of transistors. A transistor has two states: on and off, denoted by 1.0. Multiple 1s and 0s generated by multiple transistors are set to specific functions (i.e. instructions and data) to represent or process letters, numbers, colors and graphics. After the chip is powered on, a startup command is first generated to start the chip, and then new commands and data are continuously accepted to complete the function.
Overview of Integrated Circuit Chip Packaging
1. Narrow sense: using membrane technology and micromachining technology to arrange elements such as chips on a frame or substrate. Paste and fix the connection, lead out the terminal, and seal and fix it through a plastic insulating medium to form an overall three-dimensional structure.
2. In a broad sense: the package body and the substrate are connected and fixed, and assembled into a complete system or electronic equipment to ensure the comprehensive performance of the entire system.
The function of the chip package:
1. Transmission function; 2. Transmission circuit signal; 3. Provide heat dissipation; 4. Structural protection and support.
Packaging engineering technology level:
Packaging engineering starts with the pasting, fixing, interconnection, packaging, sealing protection, connection with circuit boards, system combination of integrated circuit chips until the final product is completed.
The first layer: also known as chip layer packaging, refers to the pasting and fixing between the integrated circuit chip and the packaging substrate or lead frame. The circuit connection and packaging protection process make it a modular (component) assembly that is easy to pick and place for transportation and can be connected to the next level of assembly.
Second Layer: The process of combining several first-layer completed packages with other electronic components to form a circuit card.
Layer 3: Combining several of the packaged assembled circuit cards completed on the second layer into a component or subsystem on the main circuit board.
Fourth layer: The process of assembling several subsystems into a complete electronic product.
The connection process between integrated circuit components on a chip is also called zero-level packaging, so packaging engineering can also be divided into five levels.
1. According to the packaging quantity of IC chips: single-chip packaging (scp) and multi-chip packaging (MCP);
2. According to the sealing material: polymer material (plastic) and ceramic;
3. According to the interconnection between the device and the circuit board: pin insertion type (PTH) and surface mount type (SMT) 4. According to the pin distribution form: single-sided pins, double-sided pins, four-sided pins and bottom pin;
SMT devices have L-type.J-type.I-type metal pins.
SIP: Single-Line Package SQP: Small Package MCP: Metal Can Package DIP: Dual-Line Package CSP: Chip Size Package QFP: Quad Flat Package PGA: Dot Matrix Package BGA: Ball Grid Array Package LCC: Leadless Ceramic Chip Carrier.